Please refer to the graduate calendar for course requirements. In the event of a discrepancy between the calendar and this webpage, the calendar takes precedence. The technical courses listed below are offered for graduate credit.Courses marked with an asterisk (*) are half courses. Not all of the courses, however, will be offered each year. Click on a course’s name to view its course outline (in case of a discrepancy, the official course outline will be distributed in class at the beginning of term).
The following 700-level courses are offered for graduate credit only. These courses will be offered annually or biannually, depending on student enrollment and instructor availability.
The following courses are offered as “reading” courses. These courses are generally self-taught courses under the guidance of an instructor, and are not available every year. Students should consult with their supervisor and course instructor before enrolling in these courses. Students must register on MOSAIC for reading courses before the course begins.
A selection of Nuclear Engineering related courses offered by other departments is given below.
Electrical and Computer Engineering Course
- *782 / Dynamic Analysis of Power Systems
Materials Science and Engineering Course
- *6D03 / Corrosion
Mechanical Engineering Courses
- *706 / Advanced Heat Transfer I
- *707 / Advanced Heat Transfer II
- *708 / Two-Phase Flow and Heat Transfer
- *723 / Flow Induced Vibrations
Medical Physics and Applied Radiation Sciences Courses
- *6R03 / Radiation and Radioisotope Methodology
- *771 / Isotopes In-Vivo
- *772 / Medical Health Physics
- *775 / Advanced Radiation Physics
- *776 / Introduction to Operational Health Physics
Photonics and nano technology related courses offered by other departments include the following:
Electrical and Computer Engineering Courses
- *740 / Semiconductor Theory and Device Modeling
- *741 / Analog Integrated Circuits
- *750 / Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics
- *754 / Modeling and Simulation of Photonic Devices and Circuits I
- *755 / Modeling and Simulation of Photonic Devices and Circuits II
Physics and Astronomy Courses
- *729 / Condensed Matter Physics I
- *730 / Condensed Matter Physics II
- *731 / Condensed Matter Theory
- +*734 / Special Topics in Condensed Matter Physics
- *739 / Advanced Quantum Mechanics I
- *740 / Advanced Quantum Mechanics II